Foreign Investment Agency (FIA), an organization belonging to the Ministry of Planning and Investment, is commissioned to advise to the Minister of Planning and Investment, to implement state management function related to foreign direct investment activities in Vietnam and Vietnam direct investment activities abroad (below referred to as inward investment and outward investment).
Act as a focal body to assist Minister in monitoring foreign investment activities in Vietnam and Vietnam’s investment activities abroad; preside over, co-ordinate with other bodies in the Ministry, other Ministries and local authorities to set up strategy, master plan, plan, list of projects calling for foreign direct investment in certain period, general national plan for investment development submit to authorized level for assessment, approval; propose adjustment in case of necessity.
In details, the main functions of Foreign Investment Agency are stated as follow:
- Act as a focal body to synthesize inward and outward investment for national economic plan;
- Synthesize, propose solutions to issues related to foreign investment;
- To preside over the development, amendment and complementation of foreign investment policy and mechanism; collect and find solutions to difficulties and impediments during the implementation of law, policy, mechanism of inward and outward investment;
- Preside over or co-ordinate with relevant bodies to monitor, check and inspect the implementation of the regulations on inward and outward investment in accordance with the assignation of the Ministry;
- Preside over or co-ordinate with relevant bodies to provide procedures guidance to the inward and outward investment accordance with the assignation of the Ministry;
- Receive applications and participate in inspecting BOT, BTO, BT projects; preside over the procedures for BOT, BTO, BT projects; Submit to the Minister to make decision in issuance of Investment License to BOT, BTO, BT projects where the proposal for the project is approved;
- Receive application files of outward investment projects; participate in inspecting outward investment projects; preside over the application process and monitor the outward investment projects; to the Minister for the issuance of Investment License where the project is accepted;
- Act as a focal body to undertake the state management over investment promotion activities; co-ordinate with relevant units to set up strategy, plan, policy, direction for inward and outward investment. Synthesize, evaluate and co-ordinate investment promotion activities.
- Implement other duties assigned by the Minister of Ministry of Planning and Investment.
* Contact points:
Foreign Investment Agency, Ministry of Planning and Investment:
Cục Đầu tư nước ngoài, Bộ Kế hoạch và Đầu tư
- Address: 6B Hoang Dieu Str., Ba Dinh Dist., Hano
- Tel: (84) 804 8461 Fax: (84-4) 3734 3769
- Website: htpp://fia.mpi.gov.vn
Other departments under Foreign Investment Agency: